Kurt Colpan, Expert 2/Dan 2, Senior Instructor & Co-Founder of Krav Maga Systems
- Kurt is one of the most experienced Krav Maga Experts in this part of the world. At the present time there are just a small number of Krav Maga Experts in this region. What really makes Kurt unique is that he has trained with a larger variety of organisations and instructors than anyone else in the region. This gives him a very holistic view on Krav Maga that is hard to beat.
- Kurt has over 12+ years of Krav Maga training, and teaching since 2007 in Australia, New Zealand & South East Asia.
- He has been training in martial arts for 25 years, with a large focus on Jeet Kune Do and Kick Boxing/Muay Thai.
- Kurt Colpan is the former Director for International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF) Australia and New Zealand from 2010-2014. His major achievement there was that he re-grew an organisation that fell apart after major changes to its leadership at the beginning of his term. In the time he served as Director, with just himself and one other Instructor left, he grew IKMF back up to 30+ Instructors.
- He has been trained in Israel under the guidance of many of Krav Maga Masters and Experts such as Eyal Yanilov, Gabi Noah, Ze'ev Cohen, Haim Sasson, Amnon Darsa, Avivit Cohen, Yigal Arbiv, Haim Gidon, Avi Moyal & more
- Kurt continues to train in Israel, travelling on average once a year to train and further develop himself and Krav Maga Systems. - He is the author of YourKravMagaExpert.com